So after many months of hard work, a lot of discussion, and a few late nights, the new shiny Coretek Group website has gone live!
It has been redesigned to reflect our company ethos and updated branding, which is clear, concise and transparent.
Company MD Garry Miller said of our new website:
I see our company website as an important window for our clients. We have a great team of people with innovative, technical and design skills. I wanted to show these skills and what better than with a new website!
We invite you to have a look around at each area of the site, and see what our Group encompasses. Maybe you’ll find out that we could offer a service you didn’t know we did? Maybe you know someone who could benefit from our services?
What ever your situation the team at Coretek are here to help, so get in touch today to see if we can help you and your business!
P.S. Don’t forget to:
As Educational IT budgets are tighter than ever, it can be difficult to raise capital. One option to consider is leasing hardware and spreading the cost over monthly payments.
Coretek can arrange hardware leasing on behalf of our clients from market leading lenders such as Investec and Dell. If you are interested, please contact the office and ask for our finance department.
Microsoft Office is one of Microsoft’s flagship titles. It’s been around for over 20 years and is used throughout the world by everyone from primary school children to company directors.
Most users have heard of the more established applications in the office suite such as: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. But what about the lesser known titles? Today, I am going to focus on OneNote which is a superb note-taking and planning piece of software.
So what exactly is OneNote? In a nutshell, it is a central place to organise your notes and keep a variety of documents all grouped together. It can be used for a number of different tasks: from project management, brainstorming to planning your day.
If you would like to see One Note in action, here is a useful video on how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQS-b-xFFU
To really get to grips with OneNote, the best way is to dive in and start using it for yourself. The General tab in OneNote has a brief summary on the different features available.
If you are not convinced yet, here are 5 reasons why you should give OneNote a try:
1. Access your Notes from anywhere – OneNote is not only available on your PC but also on Android, iPhone, iPad and Windows Mobile. Access your Notebooks from any PC via your Windows Live or Hotmail account. If you are out of the office and need to take a quick note, now you can.
2. Auto-save – Your Notebooks are being constantly saved so there is no risk of closing OneNote and losing any data.
3. Collaborate with colleagues at the same time, on the same Notebook – You and your colleagues can work on a notebook simultaneously, with each user’s initials next to their contribution. Ideal for situations when a team of people are working together on a project. Try doing that in Word.
4. Take pictures with your smartphone straight into your Notebook – Using the OneNote app, you can take a photo with your smartphone and this will go straight into your Notebook.
5. Integrate with Office – OneNote integrates seamlessly with the other Office products. You can assign Outlook tasks, insert Word or Excel documents directly into your Notebook or print directly into OneNote from the print menu.
Thanks to OneNote, I have managed to rid myself of all ‘to-do’ lists and my desk is a post-it free zone! Plus, this is only a small selection of the features it has to offer. It’s is an invaluable part of my daily workflow and couldn’t be without it. I strongly recommend giving it a try.
The new Coretek Group Website is in Development. Check back for more updates.