It’s that time of year again when Halloween has passed and we are all preparing for Bonfire night! But we need to make sure we keep safe this Bonfire night, so we have put together a few safety tips to ensure that you enjoy your night, safely!
- Once a firework has been lit, do not go back to it. Ensure you have learned how to light a firework correctly before attempting it yourself
- Keep a safe distance from the fireworks
- Make sure you keep your pets inside and close any doors and windows – they will be very scared!
- When you are lighting a sparkler, light just one at a time
- When you are using a sparkler, try to wear gloves
- Keep a bucket of water ready for any emergencies
- When creating a bonfire, make sure to only use dry materials
- You should abide by any laws involving fireworks!
- Keep children away from any fire and fireworks. The minimum age for sparklers is 5 years old
- To keep even safer – visit an organised bonfire/firework night and let them do all the work! You may have more fun too!
If you want to find out more about what you can do to keep your family safe this November the 5th – check out the official website!